Glutton for punishment that I am I installed 6.0 today. Not this morning, not this afternoon, today. I.e., it took awhile. But that was to be expected. I just have a CD drive at work so I couldn't use the quick DVD.

Also, I did take the time to read the Installation and Migration stuff. Originally I thought I would uninstall 5.1.2, but decided to run in parallel for awhile.

The install went pretty smooth. I did download the latest updates. Seemed about as big as the original CD's. We're on a T1 so don't try this on a dial-up.

As the migration manual suggested, I saved my original workspace. When 6.0 started, I pointed it to the original 5.1.2 workspace. Don't know if it was that or something else, but I got an error (sorry, forgot to write it down). 6.0 came up anyway. The second time I started 6.0, no error (same workspace).

Downloaded the Softlanding plug-ins. Went smoothly. Odd thing (and it's probably just me), but in the "Spooled Files" if I right click and select the 'View' option a box pops up with what I'm guessing would be where the report would display, but zilch. However, if I double-click on it, the spool file comes up in a Text Editor box. I'll have to dig into these a bit more.

I didn't install HATS and most of the other stuff, but -

I did try to install CODE. Got an error message: "A previous version of WDSc exists on the system. Please click cancel and uninstall the existing product." Maybe the migration or installation manuals said something about this, but I missed it if it did. No biggie as I just use it for designing reports.

Tried to install the DB2/UDB Express Edition. Nothing. When the installer didn't kick in, I tried using "My Computer" but it said to insert a disk into drive D: (Yes, the CD was in drive D:).

I don't use WDSc for web stuff, webfacing, etc. Mostly just RSE. I did pull up a couple of programs and do some stuff. Only a cursory test, you understand, but all of the tools I'm used to worked without a hitch. It still takes forever to load (1 gb memory at 2.6 ghz), but no worse, it seems, than 5.1.2. And, except for the original error, which hasn't re-occurred, (see above) no problems yet.