Thanks for the help. I don't have a folder "org.eclipse.help.standalone.Infocenter" so I get an error when I run the IC_Start.bat. Could the problem it stopped working because some thing happened to that folder? Thanks Bill

Chenghui Li wrote:

For 5.1.2 (release 2.1.2 of the help system), these bat files can be used to start or stop the help server:

                          (if you want to end the infocenter )

These need to be copied into the C:\wdsc\iseries\infocenter directory before they will run.

Content of IC_Start.bat(one line):
eclipse\jre\bin\javaw -Xj9 -classpath eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.help_2.1.2\help.jar org.eclipse.help.standalone.Infocenter -eclipsehome eclipse -command start -port 49214 -noexec -vmargs -Xmx75M

Thanks.

Chenghui Li
VisualAgeRPG For iSeries, IBM, Toronto
Phone (905)413-3215, T/L 969-3215
email: chengli@xxxxxxxxxx

Bill Layman <blayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/29/2005 07:57 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

"WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Help stopped working

I posted this in the Code400 list But didn't get an answer so I'll try here. The help in WDSCi works but the help in code does not. My help just stopped working. I get the CONNECTION REFUSED WHEN ATTEMPTING TO CONTACT LOCALHOST:49214 error. I am on winxp sp1 WDCSI 5.1.2, I just made sure that I have all the updates installed that didn't help. I don't have a firewall running. I did a NETSTAT and didn't see any thing listening on port 49214. Is there a command I need to run to get some thing going. I looked in the archive because I know this has been a problem but could not find any thing that helped. I also check the HOSTS file and it looks fine. My help has worked with out any problem sense I installed this version months ago. I think the problem is that nothing is listening port 49214.
     Thanks for any help. Bill

Attachment IC_start.bat contains a potentially harmful file type extension and was removed in accordance with IBM IT content security practices.

Attachment IC_end.bat contains a potentially harmful file type extension and was removed in accordance with IBM IT content security practices.