> My personal opinion of WDSC is that it obviously does lots of nice
> things but it suffers from the same problem that WebSphere Application
> Server has -- lots of thought given to bells and whistles, very little
> thought given to usability.
> This is contrary to one of the key philosophies of OS/400 which is to
> hide complexity as much as possible.

I tend to agree with you.

Once upon a time I asked Roger Pence what he thought the real underlying
problem was with Client Access.  His answer in one word: "overengineered".
IBM seems to be good at that.

That being said, I use WDSC for RPG development and would kick and scream a
holy fit if it was taken away.  At the same time I will probably _never_ use
80% plus of what's in WDSC.  Heck I probably don't even know what 80% of
what's in it _is_ let alone use it.  I bought Joe Pluta's WDSC book.  It's
over 500 pages and doesn't talk about editing until page 377.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

company.  Unless I say so.