Here is something you could try as I really don't think that you want to
sit indefinitely with the webapp alive by starting a new invocation when
the last one ends -- the long-term results may not be as you desire.

Try writing a new JSP, let's call it clamLogin.jsp for now (because I
think that would be neat :-).  In this new JSP create a login screen that
looks identical to the WF login (maybe create clamLogin.jsp based on the
WF one to start?).  Target this JSP to submit to itself.  When the JSP
runs check to see if the submit is from itself, if so then take the uid &
pwd and do a forward to the desired WF invocation  (i.e.,
WFInvocation?inv=inv1&uid=user-id&pwd=user-pwd ).  If the JSP is being run
from anything other than a submit from itself just clear the entry fields
and show the page.  This way I think that your clamlogin.jsp would be the
referrer page and WF would return to it when the app ends.

Let me know how it goes.

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 905 413 3199

"Lam, Chris" <clam@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/26/2005 08:16 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [WDSCI-L] FW: Exit problem WebFacing

[quote]
I'm not sure that I understand what you expect or want to do.  The WF
runtime will remember the initial referrer page and return to that when
the application ends or if it was launched in a new window it will try
and close the window.  This is working as designed.
[/quote]
If it's designed this way then guess it's working like it's supposed to,
but for our application we didn't want to use the launch page AND we
didn't want WF to "automatically" close the browser, which would happen
if the logon screen was the initial referrer page. So we solved the
problem by using launch as initial referrer page and adding an
autosubmit in that page.
Guess my question would be is there a nicer more correct way of
achieving our goal?

P.S. still kinda new to WF +/- 3 months so bear with me if the question
sounds dumb.

Chris

I'm not sure that I understand what you expect or want to do.  The WF
runtime will remember the initial referrer page and return to that when
the application ends or if it was launched in a new window it will try
and
close the window.  This is working as designed.

If you pre-launch the application and it sits with the login active
beyond
the time-out then I would expect that the application server will
invalidate the session and the invocation would fail when attempted.

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx

"Lam, Chris" <clam@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/26/2005 04:36 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [WDSCI-L] FW: Exit problem webfacing

Hi,

I work with Michiel on this problem and we found out that the cause of
the "closing browser" prompt was in the bean that was being used. It
starts to collect data from the launch screen -> logon -> application.
When you exit application it wants to go back to application -> launch
screen, but since we didn't start the session with the launch screen the
bean doesn't have all the info hence it calls a javascript to close the
browser.
As Michiel said we used an autosubmit form on the launch screen so it
automatically goes to the Logon with the correct session info.

P.S. If someone else has a better solution we'd appreciate it, because
we feel like this solution is like handling a symptom instead of really
curing the problem.
Greetings,

Chris