Diane,

For question #1, you need the following authority if you want to set a
service entry point (and invoke a debug session when it is hit) on a user
profile other than yours:

. Your user profile must have sufficient authority to service a job running
user the specified user id.
. Your user profile should have *SERVICE special authority, and one of
following:
    *ALLOBJ authority
   or  *USE authority to the user profile of the specified user id.

For question #2, my impression is that there is no known way of doing it.
But I need to confirm with expert and get back to you.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             infosys5@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          To
             idrange.com               Websphere Development Studio Client
                                       for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             05/23/2005 10:22
                                       Re: [WDSCI-L] Debugging programs in
                                       WDSc
             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

I have found the article that Kyle has pointed out for debugging in WDSC,
(Thank You Kyle,  my habits had me using method 3, I've now bumped up to
method 1 with service entry points, never to return to #3).
My questions are:
1) With method 1, you specify the UserID, I am trying to specify a userid
other than myself (profile USER2)  and receive the error:
CPF0609 - not allowed to use specified user profile.
So when user2 calls my program, I expect it to run in WDSC.

2) I would like to set the service entry point with *ALL as user profile,
so regardless of which operator "unknowingly" calls the program, I can
intercept it in debug mode.   Is there anyway to set the service entry
point without defining a particular user profile?

Diane  Mueller
infosys5@xxxxxxx