You have a couple of options. You can either collapse the filter node
before shutting down RSE, in which case the next time you bring up RSE and
expand the filter it will automatically refresh the list, or you can go to
Window->Preferences, select Remote Systems, and turn off the "Use cached
information to restore the Remote Systems view".

Kushal Munir
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118        Tie-Line: 969-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

             Jerry Adams
             Sent by:                  WDSc Midrange
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             05/13/2005 08:29          [WDSCI-L] Filters
             Please respond to
             Studio Client for

Whenever I work on a project, I create a library called (what else?)
PROJxxx (where 'xxx' is the project #).

Anyway, to make it real easy to find these in RSE I created a list of
these libraries in the iSeries Objects folder using a filter (PROJ*).
Problem is (more of an annoyance, really) is that when I start WDSc, it
brings up every PROJ* library that's existed since I created the
filter.  Once I move to production, the PROJxxx library gets saved and
then whacked.  I.e., the library ain't there, but the filter still wants
to include it.

Doing a simple Refresh fixes it.  I have looked in the preferences, but
I cannot find an option that fill automatically refresh this list.  I
checked Help, but couldn't find anything.  Is this a bug (excuse me,
feature) or am I (as so often happens) missing the bigger picture here?

Jerry C. Adams

mailing list
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx