"No, but it's easier finding the job log for my compile. It's one of my
spooled files. With WDSc, it's not. The job belongs to some QXXX user
profile."

It would be nice to have this kind of information easily presented. Here's
the easiest way I know to find the source of the problem:

On the Preferences page for Remote Systems, iSeries, Command Execution if
you select 'Compile in Batch' in the top section.  Then in the next
section down, select 'Add batch compiles to the iSeries Job Status view'.
Using these options in combination with SoftLanding's iSeries Spooled
Files plugin, you can easily locate the correct job log.  (It will be the
last job submitted.  It would be great if IBM could get the job name to
match the object being compiled.)

When the error list comes back clean, but the object isn't created, the
first thing I do is open the job log from the compile.  To find the right
job log, I right-click the last compile in the Job Status view and select
'Spooled Files'.  The Spooled Files plugin isn't too bad when all you're
doing is opening the job log.  For a long compile listing, it can be a
little sluggish -- it doesn't even change the mouse pointer to the
hourglass so sometimes I wonder if it's doing anything.  But for the job
log it's not too bad.

The biggest pain I find with this is that I have to manually clear the Job
Status view even after everything from the job is gone on the
AS400/iSeries/i5/WhateverItsCalled.

Michael Quigley
AS/400 Programming Coordinator
The Way International