Is it causing your webapp not to work correctly or just generating a
message?  If the latter then I seem to recall that this problem was fixed
in 5.1.2.2.

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx

"Dupuis Vincent" <vdupuis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/30/2005 10:20 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

<WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Compression Filter Issue

Hello,

We are developping a WebFaced app through WDSC 5.1.2 Advanced Edition.
Everything was working great. But since a feew days, we have a compression
filter error reported on the console.
Any ideas?

[30/03/05 17:12:25:922 CEST] 79d76890 WebGroup      E SRVE0026E: [Erreur
de servlet]-[Filter [CompressionFilter]: filter is unavailable.]:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
                 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native
Method)
                 at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java(Compiled
Code))
                 at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java(Compiled Code))
                 at com.ibm.ws.io.Stream.write(Stream.java:26)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.io.WriteStream.flushMyBuf(WriteStream.java:145)
                 at com.ibm.ws.io.WriteStream.flush(WriteStream.java:137)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.http.ResponseStream.flush(ResponseStream.java:303)
                 at com.ibm.ws.io.WriteStream.flush(WriteStream.java:139)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.flush(HttpConnection.java:379)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.SRPConnection.flush(SRPConnection.java:242)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTOutputStream.flush(SRTOutputStream.java:46)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.BufferedServletOutputStream.flushBytes(BufferedServletOutputStream.java:361)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.BufferedServletOutputStream.write(BufferedServletOutputStream.java:307)
                 at
java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.writeTo(ByteArrayOutputStream.java:129)
                 at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.webfacing.runtime.filters.CompressionFilter.doFilter(Unknown

Source)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:132)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:71)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:974)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:564)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:200)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:119)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:276)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:71)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(CacheableInvocationContext.java:116)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:186)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:334)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:56)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:618)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:443)
                 at
com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:672)