Sam,

What happens if you enter:

http://www3.software.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/websphere/studiotools/wssd512/update/site.xml

Directly in your web browser?

Don Yantzi
Technical Release Lead
WebSphere Development Studio &
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

"Samuel J Lennon" <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/08/2005 08:52 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Can't change proxy host address

   Don,

   We're don't have SP2 nstalled.

   I started WDSc with a new workspace, WORKSPACE 2.  Then I went to
Window;
   Preferences; Install/Update, checked Enable HTTP proxy connection and
set
   up the proxy server just like my coworker.

   I went to Help; Software Updates: New Updates. It dies almost
immediately
   with "Network connection problem encountered during the search".  The
   detal button yields a lot of info, the start of which I have included
   below.

   There is no .log file that I can find.  I looked in .metadata in
   WORKSPACE2 because there is a .log file in .metadata in WORKSPACE.

   Sam

   Network connection problems encountered during search.
     Unable to access
   "
http://www3.software.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/websphere/studiotools/wssd512/update
".