From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:39 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] New PC, migrating workspace

This weekend, all developers in our shop will get a new PC (with 1 GB of
memory instead of 256 MB!). WDSCi will already be installed on the PC's.

Now I want to know what I have to do to save all my current settings. I
think I should just copy the directory Workspace (full path name
C:\Documents and Settings\boteren\My Documents\IBM\wdsc\workspace), and
restore it on the new PC. Is this correct?

The current size of the directory Workspace is about 88 MB. Are there
any subdirectories that might safely be skipped when making the copy?
For example, some directories that just hold temporary files? The
directory RemoteSystemsTempFiles looks as a good candidate for it. Does
this directory really just hold a lot of temporary files? The directory
.metadata\.plugins is very large (63 MB), but I assume that this
directory can not be deleted. Or will the directory automatically be
created and filled when WDSCi detects that the directory is not present?
(How has this directory been created in the first place, I wonder.)

(If this question has been asked before, I apologize for posting it...)

Ewout