I wonder if that's related to the problem I reported awhile back that when
I start WDSC my library list may contain strange stuff like
ROB.*lib.prod-cur
ROUTINES.*lib.outines

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

Scott Klement <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/03/2005 02:56 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [WDSCI-L] Library list?

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the replies, but I'm not sure that you understand the problem.
I'm able to set my initial library list, and that part works fine. The
library list in the Remote Systems view just displays wrong.

Here's a sample scenario:

a) I set my library list via a command called at startup.  For example,
       CHGLIBL LIBL(UTILS FILES QTEMP) CURLIB(ACCOUNTING)

b) Now when I compile programs into *CURLIB they get compiled into
ACCOUNTING.  No problems there.

c) Then someone calls me and asks for a change to a purchasing program.
Those programs are stored in a library called PURCH.  I don't want to exit

WDSC, so I go under Remote Systems -> MyConnection -> iSeries Objects ->
Library List.  I right-click it and choose "Change Current Library" and I
make my current library PURCH.

d) I spend the rest of the day working on programs in PURCH.  I shut down
WDSC, power off my PC and go home.

e) Next day I come in and start up WDSC.  It once again calls the program
to set the initial library list, including setting my current library to
ACCOUNTING.

f) Same thing as yesterday, if I try to compile a program using *CURLIB,
it goes into ACCOUNTING, however if I view my library list through iSeries

Objects -> Library List it doesn't show ACCOUNTING, it shows PURCH.

g) If a user calls me and asks me to change something in PURCH, I can't
change my current library via Remote Systems -> iSeries Objects -> Library

List because it already thinks that PURCH is my current library (even
though it's not)

h) To fix it, I have to right-click Library List and choose refresh.  It
then will reset my LIBL to the same thing that the initial program has
set.

MY QUESTION IS:  How do I get WDSC to automatically refresh the library
list in the Remote Systems -> MyConn -> iSeries Objects -> Library List
screen after it has started WDSC, so I don't have to do it manually each
time?

Is that a better explanation?

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Bruce.Vest wrote:

>                I've always just used the connection definition but the
other place
> I know of is from the communications definition itself:
>
>                Start -> Programs -> IBM Websphere Studio ->
>                                Development Studio Client for iSeries
5.1.2 ->
>                                                Communications ->
Communications Console