Hi again,

I have now tried downloading it manually, successful download, but with the
following message when I tried to open it:
"Unexpected end of archive"

Must be something that is not correct..... somewhere ...... :-(

What do you think, Don?

/Frank

             frank.broome@ibs.
             net
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         Websphere Development Studio Client
             idrange.com               for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

                                       Re: [WDSCI-L] 5.1.2.4 error when
                                       installing.....again ....
             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

Hi Don,

Tried your suggestion, with the following outcome:
Unable to complete action for feature "WebSphere Development Studio Client
for iSeries" due to errors.
  Unable to retrieve remote reference
"
http://www3.software.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/websphere/iseries/wdsc512/update/plugins/com.ibm.etools.iseries.toolbox_5.1.2.4.jar
".

[http://www3.software.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/websphere/iseries/wdsc512/update/plugins/com.ibm.etools.iseries.toolbox_5.1.2.4.jar]

Saw something about this in the archives, could it have something to do
with our firewall settings?
In that case, how come some updates work??

/Frank

             Don Yantzi
             <yantzi@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  Websphere Development Studio Client
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             idrange.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       installing.....again ....

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

Hi Frank,

Do you have lots of free space available on your C drive?  Try deleting or
renaming the eclipse folder under Temp below and see if that helps at all.

Don Yantzi
Technical Release Lead
WebSphere Development Studio &
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

frank.broome@xxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/11/2005 05:22 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] 5.1.2.4 error when installing.....again ....

Hi all,

I still am in great confusion regarding my update problems....!

When updating to version 5.1.2.4, I get the following message:
Unable to complete action for feature "WebSphere Development Studio Client
for iSeries" due to errors.
  The File
"C:\DOCUME~1\$userName$\LOCALS~1\Temp\eclipse\.update\1105362639716\1105362639808\eclipse22851.tmp"

 is not a valid JAR file. [error in opening zip file
C:\DOCUME~1\$userName$\LOCALS~1\Temp\eclipse\.update\1105362639716\1105362639808\eclipse22851.tmp]

What is wrong, can I do anything to fix this????
I have been checking the other .tmp files in the directory and they can be
opened by winzip, but not this one, it says:
"Unexpected end of archive"!

I would be VERY grateful if I could get some information from SOMEBODY
regarding this issue!
If I am raising issue in the wrong forum, please let me know where I
should
report it to get it resolved!!!

/Frank
PS.
I have been running several updates during the last year when I have been
using WDSc ( which I am VERY happy with using) and they have been
installed
smoothly!!--