Hello everybody,

Do you know if there is a way to workaround an issue reported by a
colleague in COBOL with WDSC 5.1.2: the COPY command does not accept
underscores in the file name or in the member name. The syntax checker
reports a "CBL006 item is not valid." error. It indicates that hyphens
(-) are not allowed at the end of a member name. It seems that
underscores are considered as if they are hyphens, as the next error
message with ID LNC0017E suggests (The name 'xxxx_' ends with an hyphen.
Hyphens are ignored). And why underscores are considered as hyphens ?

Looking at the fix list in WDSc 5.1.2, I have noticed that a similar
issue has been fixed for RPG:

----
 2. ILE RPG Program Verify no longer fails when a /copy member name or
filename on an F spec contains an underscore
----

Any help is welcome.

Regards,
Jerome Klotz