From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 10:01 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] IBM Rational Web Developer for
WebsphereSoftwareVersion 6.0

Cool PDF!  I am looking forward to the next version to see what
additional features the IDE has!

One thing that troubles me is every iSeries Java expert that I have
talked to or have sat through their sessions at seminars like DevCon
have said that EJB's are not the way to go. I have also heard from these
experts that even IBM doesn't think EJB's are the way to go (probably
just a sector of IBM), and then I see a PDF like this detailing future
features and it is still pro-EJB.

Are EJB's the way to go or should other technologies like Hibernate and
the like be used if those meet your needs?

I know this has been debated before, and the reason I am asking it again
is to get time sensitive opinions in case they are different from a year
ago.

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell