From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 9:00 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] IBM Rational Web Developer forWebsphere
SoftwareVersion 6.0

Correct, it is the same basic product lines with new branding.  While we
are all tired of the constant name changes, a lot of us have complained
in the past that the "WebSphere" brand was used on too many products and
made things confusing.  So I do not really mind them using the
"Rational" brand to apply to their development tools.  AFAIK, WDSC is
going to remain WDSC for at least the next release.  I have not heard of
any plans to apply the Rational brand to it, although that would make
some sense for consistency.

I imagine that more of the tools that came from Rational will start to
make their way into the base offerings.  Rational still has their own
packages based on Eclipse that focus on their modelling and testing
tools.
 Perhaps more "lite" versions of some of these features will make their
way into the WSSD/WSAD tools?

When all is said and done, this will just be the Eclipse 3.x-based
version of the same tools we have been using.

Mark