From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 8:44 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] RE: 5.1.2 Program Call Wizard - Error

Dan,

While I'd agree it would be nice if IBM could get WDSCi to the level of
reliability us iSeries developers expect.  Given that WDSCi runs on a PC
instead of the iSeries, that is an unrealistic desire.  Particularly
when you take into account that WDSCi is build on Eclipse so IBM doesn't
have 100% control over it.  However, I think the lack of control is
partially/mostly/completely(?) by the responsiveness/testing/peer review
provide by the open source model.

So as with any other non-iSeries program, save often.  Take my word for
it, Ctrl-S will become second nature.  <grin>

Let me finish by agreeing with others, the time you spend picking up
WDSCi ( and recovering from any problems) will be offset by the
productivity gains.
This is especially true if you are working in RPG IV and even more so if
in RPG IV free format.

Go ahead and jump in...

Charles Wilt
iSeries Systems Administrator / Developer Mitsubishi Electric Automotive
America
ph: 513-573-4343