The error message ("Uncaught exception in "verify" action.
> Action was reset to installation setting.") indicates an uncaught Java exception (such as a NullPointerException) in the code that implements the "verify" action. It might be helpful to retrieve details on the exception (enter "viewLog" on the LPEX command line) and send it (copy/paste, or send the entire log file) to one of the WDSC developers. In the case of such an error, LPEX deregisters the specific action, so it will no longer work in the current edit view (neither via menu items, nor via the "action verify" command).

Tyler, Matt wrote:
I have also seen where LPEX does not verify if the cursor is in the prefix
area if you press C+A+V.   It will also fail to do it at all if there is an
error in the verification process, "Uncaught exception in "verify" action.
Action was reset to installation setting."  Whenever, I get this message I
cannot verify that member again until I reopen it, which is not difficult
with C+F4 (close) and then C+S+I (open member).

Another method to try is press the ESC key after being in LPEX source. Key
in "action verify" (CASE IS VERY IMPORTANT HERE). If that does not work, I
am stumped.