Jim

I'm at the other end. I remember making a 1 or 2-line mod to COBOL over 10 years ago. As you said, RPG now has the D-specification, which serves the same function as your WORKING STORAGE SECTION. The RPG outline also sends me to the source line where something occurs, but at least it shows you what all the fields are (mostly). No auto-complete, but maybe enough of a reference to be helpful. I was hoping.

I'm at a company now where we mostly use C and CL, and that really bytes, as the iSeries support for C/C++ is non-existent, as far as editors are concerned. No parser for it. This is especially frustrating, as there was a very nice Visual Age C++ for AS/400 that did a lot of the remote verification, etc., that RSE has - but it is not being used or even hardly thought of. Of course, both of us in the USA that use C on the 400 don't make much of a ground swell. ;-)

Later
Vern