Thanks a lot for the reply Michael. Yes, I am wanting to learn RPG. I have WDSC/CODE/400/VisualAge RPG. I like VisualAge RPG because of the GUI interface/event driven programming model but I am not sure it that is the right direction for me. But it all boils down to the fact that "I want to learn RPG". If you give me a CODE/400 untitled document I could not tell you how to code a 'Hello World' program in RPG(that bad in RPG :-). I am good at Java though. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks again.

From: michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:05:14 -0700

So...what do you need specifically? Need to learn RPG? A couple of
thoughts...if you know Java, writing the latest variant of RPG (RPG IV)
in free-form format should be pretty easy. Also, Java runs natively on
the iSeries, so you may just want to have your Java classes call other
Java classes.

Ask away...except for me, most people here are pretty friendly.