To me it makes a lot more sense to have this ability( same find across multiple members) when you have related source open. For example: a maintenance pgm and its dspf. I can do a find in the dspf, then switch to the pgm source and then do the find to look for where that field is changed.

-- Scott J.

adrian wrote:
This has actually changed in a later service fix of 5.1 (5.1.0.3?). It was suggested in this newsgroup (see short-lived thread "find in multiple members"):

  Sean Porterfield wrote:
  Is there any way to "find" different strings in different members?
  Every time I switch from on to another, my find gets replaced with
  whatever I was finding in the other member.
  In SEU I can edit one member, press F15 to browse another.  Find
  different strings (in different positions) and then copy/paste
  between members.

The view-scoped settings do make a lot of sense, given that each edit view has its own live-find dialog (showing or not), each with its find / replace settings.

Your proposal for a preference option in this matter sounds reasonable - allow one to choose the scope of the find and replace strings (global / document / view). I'll see what can be done.