From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 2:57 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Re: Problems with Find and Filter selected text

I'm no expert in install issues, but I'd say that if that's the *only*
obvious problem, then the install must have completed OK?!

Do have a look at my previous suggestions (ensure the live-find dialog,
brought up with Ctrl+F, doesn't have the "Restrict search to columns"
and "Restrict search to selection" boxes checked), and also check Window
 > Preferences > LPEX Editor > Find Text:  by default, only "Wrap" and
"Emphasize found text" are checked.

The web site for the fix also suggests:  If you encounter problems with
some workspaces after applying a fix, shutdown the product and delete
the ".config" folder found in the "<workspace_name>\.metadata" folder.
The ".config" folder will be recreated the next time the product starts.

If all seems reasonable, please enter

   viewProfile

on the LPEX command line, then copy and send me (stori at ca.ibm.com)
the resulting text.  Thanks!

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=715&context=SSZND2&uid=swg240064
> 01&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en ) and perform manual updates due to some
> problems we had at initial installation.  The manual updates seemed to
have
> broken his Find and Filter for selected text.
>
> The programmer said he skipped interim fixes 001 and 002 because they said
> "Change Now" instead of "Install Now".  That was per instruction in the
docs
> with the downloaded file.
>
> Should I have him go back and reinstall all interim fixes and 5.1.0.2?
Will