Thanks!!!
Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mark Phippard
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 1:59 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: [WDSCI-L] New Free Plugin - iSeries Editing Perspective !! (was
change icon on perspective)

OK, I have created a new free plugin which adds an "iSeries Editing"
perspective to WDSC.  First of all, this perspective has a unique icon so
it stands out better.  You can always replace the gif I ship with the
plugin with your own.

This perspective is one that I always setup manually and really makes
editing source easier.  The editors area takes up the entire screen, but
the editors themselves can still be tiled to show multiple at the same
time.  Some of the common views you need are pre-defined as Fast Views
which allow you to slide them in and out as needed.

The best way to use this perspective is to use RSE as you normally would,
but after you get some source open for edit, switch to this perspective
while you are editing, then switch back to RSE.  This should happen
virtually instantly.  You could use this for editing Java or HTML as well,
but you may need to open and convert to fast views any extra views you
like to use with those languages.  Generally, the outline view is the most
useful and it is already there.

The very first time you open this perspective you might get an error. I
did.  There was nothing in the log and everything I said to do it did.  I
suspect this might be a problem just for me because I have previously
created a perspective with the same name.  Anyway, once it is open, you
never get the error again.

Presumably anyone reading this already uses our free spooled file and
messages plugins.  Assuming that is the case, to install this plugin just
switch to the Install/Update Perspective.   Expand "Sites to Visit" under
the "Feature Updates" view in the lower left corner of the screen.  Then
expand "SoftLanding.com Discovery Site" and Free Plugins.  You should then
see one named "iSeries Editing Perspective" version 1.0  Just click it and
choose the Install option.

Thanks

Mark

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08/11/2004 11:53:12 AM:

> Well, I really did not mean to start such a discussion between you two.
Man, we
> have to watch out when you two get started. I mean that in a good way.
;-)