wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08/09/2004 11:52:23 AM:

> > From: Claus Weiss
> >
> > >From what I heard it doesn't work, memory and socket problems, we are
> > working on electrocute.
> <grin>  I'll remember to ignore the "Please stand in a puddle and press
> Enter" message.
> Is there any impetus to try and find the problem?  I'll be happy to work
> with someone.  I assume you use sockets to talk to the iSeries, so it's
> not clear to me (in my obviously limited understanding) why there would
> be a problem in the WTE.  If anyone wants a guinea pig to try patches,
> I'd be happy to volunteer.

I know in the past MS has added code to limit socket behavior.  For
example, there was initially virtually no difference between NT 4.0
Workstation and Server.  MS added code that did not allow more than 10
socket connections to Workstation so that you could not use it as a file
server on a peer to peer network.  Perhaps, XP Home has something similar
that effects running WAS as a server?

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. by IBM Email Security Management Services