RE: V5.1.2 Installation woes

fixed

> From: Scott Johnson
>
> And you do know it is not supported on XP Home. So, you are lucky you
got
> an answer.... ;-)

Well, it's failing on W2K Pro the exact same way, Scott.  I know Home is
not "supported", but several people here have indicated that it runs
just fine, while Claus has explained why Home is not a supported release
- not for any specific technical reason, but primarily because it
doesn't make business sense.

> Larry was talking about Hard Drive space, not RAM.  Install guide for
> older version(5.1) says 2.1 GB.  You then need that amount extra
> during the install process for temp files and such.  So you should
> have at least 4.5GB of free hard drive space for installing it.

I understand what Larry said, as I indicated in my other post.  I
brought up the memory issue for completeness.  The machines have plenty
of disk space.  One is a brand new machine with over 25GB of free space,
the other is an older machine with 10GB which has successfully had WDSC
version 5.0 and 5.1 installed on it.  Both fail exactly the same way.

I am now pretty sure I have a bad image.