I was going to suggest the same thing.  Could be a cached /COPY with a
different procedure definition.

I would also add just to triple-check that you have properly defined the
library list for your RSE connection so that the verifier can find all of
the right pieces.

Have you tried compiling from WDSC?  That would use the same *LIBL as the
verify, but would not use the cache.  It might help isolate where the
problem was.  If compile fails, it is a *LIBL problem, if it works, then
is likely a cache problem.

Mark