Douglas,

Do you normally have to do any special configuration for your PC
applications to access the Internet?  Can you send me a screen shot of what
you see if you run "ipconfig" from a Windows Commnad Prompt (you might want
to send that to me directly.)

Thanks.

Don Yantzi
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

             <DBelcher@KVPharm
             aceutical.com>
             wdsci-l-bounces+y         <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             antzi=ca.ibm.com@                                          cc
             midrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [WDSCI-L] WDSc Update - Still
             08/03/2004 08:17          Having Problems
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

Group,

I posted this several weeks ago...

> I had a problem show up a week or two ago when I started my update
manager, an error window
> would appear and tell me that a problem had occurred and that it was
unable to access the ibm
> update site.  When I looked at the details the text was "Error parsing
site stream. [The XML
> stream is not a valid default "site.xml" file.  The root tag is not
site.]"

It is still a problem but I do have some more information about it.

127.0.0.1          anonymous         Java1.3.1         -
www3.sotware.ibm.com           -           80          -           305
http         TCP         GET

There is more and I can post it if necessary but the network security guys
first question was why is it going to a loop-back address?  The next
question why was it going out anonymous?  Where is this configured and how
can I change it

This is getting to be beyond frustrating.  If I can't have a reliable
method of updating and keeping the product stable, why am I using it?  This
is costing me more time and effort and showing very little return for that
investment.  I have spent many hours reviewing fixes and suggestions and if
I can't get something worked out soon I won't be able to continue and will
have to abandon WDSc as a development tool.

Douglas Belcher
KV Pharmaceutical
St Louis,  MO
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer