WDSc Update - Still Having Problems

fixed

Group,

I posted this several weeks ago...

> I had a problem show up a week or two ago when I started my update manager,
> an error window
> would appear and tell me that a problem had occurred and that it was unable
> to access the ibm
> update site.  When I looked at the details the text was "Error parsing site
> stream. [The XML
> stream is not a valid default "site.xml" file.  The root tag is not site.]"

It is still a problem but I do have some more information about it.

127.0.0.1       anonymous       Java1.3.1       -       www3.sotware.ibm.com
-       80      -       305
http    TCP     GET

There is more and I can post it if necessary but the network security guys
first question was why is it going to a loop-back address?  The next question
why was it going out anonymous?  Where is this configured and how can I change
it

This is getting to be beyond frustrating.  If I can't have a reliable method of
updating and keeping the product stable, why am I using it?  This is costing me
more time and effort and showing very little return for that investment.  I
have spent many hours reviewing fixes and suggestions and if I can't get
something worked out soon I won't be able to continue and will have to abandon
WDSc as a development tool.

Douglas Belcher
KV Pharmaceutical
St Louis,  MO
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer