Scott,

That is correct.  Whereas on the green screen you can take an option 14 to
create the object, there is not an equivalent from WDSc.

You can do the checkouts and the checkin/promotes, but not create.  Note
that this limitation doesn't effect creating during promotion AFAIK.  The
promotion order is passed back to ACMS and handle just as if it had been
done on the green screen.  Though now that I think about it I wonder if you
can select multiple objects for promotion and have them created in the
proper order as you can from green screen.

I agree that it is a MAJOR limitation.  Had I found it before signing the
contract we might be using Turnover instead!  We still might depending on
how fast Aldon does something about it and what the company lawyers say.

To be fair, I think the limitation evolved from the fact that Aldon is using
the Eclipse builtin SCM functionality.  Unlike Turnover which does its own
thing without using the Eclipse SCM functionality.  In other words, Aldon
integrates into WDSc using the features designed into Eclipse for SCM and
recommend for use by IBM.  Turnover doesn't.

Also missing from WDSc are the additional ACMS green screen functionality
like display/work with dependents/requisite objects, logs, and the archive.

Basically, at this point Aldon does not provide the ability to work strictly
from WDSc or Affiniti without going back to the green screen for many tasks.

I encourage you to forward a link to this thread to your sales rep at Aldon.

Charles