We are thinking about evaluating Aldon's CMS. Saw a webex demo of it today. I am a big user of WDSC and am puzzled by this discussion.

Are you saying that from within WDSC using their plugin, you cannot compile a pgm and have it correctly include all its modules/srvpgms like it would in the green screen? If so, that is a MAJOR point against them...

I have used Softlanding's TurnOver product and its plugins in the past. Their plugins a fully integrated, usable, and functional from within WDSC. They present little need for the developer to return to the green screen. I am surprised to hear that the Aldon's plugins have 'problems'.

Thanks,
  Scott J

Samuel J Lennon wrote:

   Without Aldon's Affiniti product the plugin appears largely useless to
   me.  I was quite excited when it was announced.  With help from the
   Support folk I got it to where I could check out objects, but there is no
   way I could find to have it actually use A/CMS creation facilities and get
   the error report back to WDSc.  Thus I gave up.  It doesn't appear to be a
   well thought out implementation, or else it is desgined to encourage you
   to buy Affiniti, or maybe both.

   I wrote up a wish list of plugin features and Support said they'd pass it
   on.  Don't know what good it will do.  The more people who call Support,
   the better chance we'll have of getting a decent plugin.

   After my password expired on the 400 I couldn't find any way to change it
   in the plugin, so I disabled the plugin, since it wasn't any use to me
   anyway.  That seemed to fix it termporarily, but now I'm back to having to
   enter my password each day when I start WDSc.  Not sure if it is related.

Sam