Group,

OK, this is going from bad to worse.  I've lost the help files, the ability to
update, and now I can't re-install WDSc.  I'm getting the following log after a
failed attempt to re-install.  What do I need to do to get this fixed?

(Jun 18, 2004 7:52:56 AM), Setup.product.install,
com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet, err, An error occurred and product
installation failed.  Look at the log file C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\Site Developer\v5.1\logs\install.log for details.
(Jun 18, 2004 7:52:56 AM), Setup.product.install,
com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet, err, ProductException: (error code
= 601; message="err"; additional data = [java.io.IOException: Data error
(cyclic redundancy check)])
STACK_TRACE: 12
ProductException: (error code = 601; message="err"; additional data =
[java.io.IOException: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)])
        at com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet.install(Unknown Source)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5150)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4533)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3728)
        at
com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:40)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:566)

(Jun 18, 2004 7:52:56 AM), Setup.product.install,
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct,
 err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed.  Look at the log
file C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Site Developer\v5.1\logs\install.log
for details.
(Jun 18, 2004 7:52:56 AM), Setup.product.install,
com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet, err, java.lang.NullPointerException
STACK_TRACE: 12
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet.uninstall(Unknown Source)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1947)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.processActionsFailed(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5093)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:374)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4533)
        at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3728)
        at
com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:40)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:566)

Douglas Belcher
KV Pharmaceutical
St Louis,  MO
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer