Enabling the compression will improve page delivery to the browser and
generally reduce (often eliminate) the "white screen" time between pages.
It does however come at some slight processing cost - as you might expect.
 Why don't you turn it on and see how much it improves things in your

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory

Michael D Soucy <mikesoucy1262@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2004-05-26 22:49
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

[WDSCI-L] Webfacing properties

Has anyone used the "Enable Web page compression" check box on the
Webfacing properties window under project properties?  We have a couple
of webfaced projects that we are about ready to put out for production.
The performance seems a little slow on our iSeries 810.  I was wondering
what kind of performance gain we might see.  The network that our iSeries
is attached to is slow, and out of date.  Any feedback would be greatly

Michael Soucy
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
mailing list
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx