John, the way to do this is through compile commands. In Remote Systems
Explorer, right click iSeries Objects for the connection you're using, and
select Work With->Compile Commands. This dialog lets you associate compile
commands with source types. If you select PF and/or LF you'll see the
associated compile commands.  Here, you can also create your own. Click on
New Command, enter a label and the actual command to be executed when this
label is selected. You can specify the target library in the command
(instead of &O which by default resolves to source library). Note that the
label is what you see when you right click a member of that type and go to
the Compile or Compile (Prompt) submenu. The label is just an identifier.

Once you've created a command (or rather a label for a command), right
click on a member of that type (in RSE), and from Compile or  Compile
(Prompt) menu, select your label to execute the command. Now go back to
iSeries projects, right click on project and select Generate COMPILE.CLLE.
The build CL picks up the last used command for each member type.

If you wanted to use &O, you can change the object library of the
connection by right clicking iSeries Objects, selecting Properties and
going to the Command Execution page. Set the object library there. This
will affect other compile commands and user actions however.

If you have dependencies in your script, i.e. you need certain member types
to be compiled before others, you can set the ordering through preferences.
Look in Remote Systems->iSeries->Command Execution and set the ordering of
member types. This is global, i.e. applies to all connections.

Cheers,

Kushal Munir
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118        Tie-Line: 969-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

             John Wallroff
             <jwallroff@founda
             tion.nebraska.edu                                          To
             >                         "'Websphere Development Studio
             Sent by:                  Client for iSeries'"
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             idrange.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/12/2004 05:58          RE: [WDSCI-L] iSeries Navigator
             PM                        View in WDSCi and "Push"ing sourc
                                       e      files back t o iSeries.

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

Thanks Kusal,

That was it.

Now I have another question.  I was able to build my project but our data
library is different from the library we put other objects into.  Is
changing the Build CL that is generated my only option to getting my
physical and logical files to compile in the correct library?  I'm curious
to hear how others handle data file creations and changes with WDSCi.

Thanks again everyone.

John.