I realize that I'm kinda jumping in the middle here but based on the
symptoms I almost wonder if you have not built the project.  That is, in
the main properties dialogue (is that window->preferences or something?)
is the checkbox for "build on resource modification" not checked on your
machine but checked on the other machine?

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx

Mark.Dame@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2004-05-10 15:07
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] TIP005

It does look like the wizard didn't complete.  I ran through the tip on
another PC and had absolutely no problems.  It must be something in my
implementation of WDSC.  We were looking at the differences between the
working and non-working projects.  The first one we found was
ApplicationResources.properties.  I cut and pasted from the good copy to
my
copy and ran it.  It got farther, but still fell apart.  I'd like to fix
my
version so the wizard worked properly.  Any idea where to start?  I've
rebuilt the project several times, including right after fixing
ApplicationResources.properties.

|         |           Larry Schweyer   |
|         |           <schweyer@xxxxxxx|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           wdsci-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com      |
|         |           05/10/2004 10:57 |
|         |           Websphere        |
|         |           Development      |
|         |           Studio Client for|
|         |           iSeries          |

  |                                                       |
  |       To:       Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       |
  |       cc:                                                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: [WDSCI-L] TIP005                      |

It sounds like the wizard did not complete.
Check for file
showCustomerDetail\JavaSource\com.ibm.showcustomerdetail.resources\ApplicationResoures.properties.

  It is looking for the key there.  Does the file exist? Is the key there?
Try doing a right-mouse click on the project, and select Rebuild project.
The only errors you should see in the Tasks view, are warnings about
methods not being used.

If you still have a problem, send me a note.

Thanks.

Larry Schweyer
iSeries AD, IBM Toronto Lab
schweyer@xxxxxxxxxx
(905)413-4084 Tie-line: 969-4084

             Mark.Dame@matcoto
             ols.com
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         Websphere Development Studio Client
             idrange.com               for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
                                       Websphere Development Studio Client
             05/10/2004 10:03          for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
             AM                        wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [WDSCI-L] TIP005
             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

I didn't mean to start a debate on Stuts.  I just like to keep current.

Yes, I set the Run-time configuration.  Tried it once logging on, then
tried it filling in user and p/w.  Both with same results.

And yes, I checked Add Struts and iSeries Web components tag library.  Has
everyone else gotten this to work and it's picking on me?

Mark Dame
mark.dame@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (330) 926-5407
Fax:      (330) 926-5421

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when
we
created them."
Albert Einstein

|         |           Larry Schweyer   |
|         |           <schweyer@xxxxxxx|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           wdsci-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com      |
|         |           05/10/2004 09:10 |
|         |           Websphere        |
|         |           Development      |
|         |           Studio Client for|
|         |           iSeries          |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       |
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  Re: [WDSCI-L] (no subject)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Did you set the host information from the iSeries Web Tools Run-time
configuration dialog?
That file get generated as a result of setting that dialog and running the
first interaction.

Larry Schweyer
iSeries AD, IBM Toronto Lab
schweyer@xxxxxxxxxx
(905)413-4084 Tie-line: 969-4084

             Mark.Dame@matcoto
             ols.com
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             idrange.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/10/2004 08:44          [WDSCI-L] (no subject)
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

I found this tip and it fit exactly what I wanted to do.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=255&context=SSKJJP&context=SS2MD7&context=SSBRLP&context=SSZND2&q1=wizard&uid=swg27005013&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en

Problem is I can't get it to work and I'm not a java programmer (yet).  It
demo's a wizard for putting together pages that call an RPG service
program.  That's why I liked the wizard so much.  I get a warning in
tasks,
but I tried to run it on the server anyway and received the "missing
message key" error.  First, can I get this working fairly easily with my
limited java knowledge?  Second, who do contact at IBM to get the wizard
so
it works?  That's assuming it's not a stupid user trick on my part of
course.  Third, anyone know of a better wizard?  I'm not fond of the fact
that it uses struts, I'd rather another solution.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Under tasks, I get the warning:

Warning                 Target showCustomerDetail.do cannot be resolved
showCustomerDetailInput.jsp   showCustomerDetail/WebContent line 29

When attempting to run on server:

[5/10/04 7:27:35:672 GMT-05:00] 3fa1ea44 WebGroup      I SRVE0180I:
[showCustomerDetail] [/showCustomerDetail] [Servlet.LOG]:
/showCustomerDetailInput.jsp: init
[5/10/04 7:27:39:719 GMT-05:00] 3fa1ea44 PropertyMessa I
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources  Initializing, config
='WebIntLogonMessages', returnNull=true
[5/10/04 7:27:39:734 GMT-05:00] 3fa1ea44 PropertyMessa I
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources  Initializing, config
='org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
[5/10/04 7:27:41:406 GMT-05:00] 3fa1ea44 WebGroup      E SRVE0026E:
[Servlet Error]-[Missing message for key
&quot;showCustomerDetailInput.title&quot;]:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
Missing message for key "showCustomerDetailInput.title"
      at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:297)
      at org.apache.jsp._showCustomerDetailInput._jspService
(_showCustomerDetailInput.java:120)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:89)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:357)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:675)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:773)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110)

      at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.
_service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:313)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.java:283)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java:42)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:61)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:939)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:530)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:176)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:79)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:201)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:71)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:182)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:334)

      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:56)

      at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:610)

      at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:431)
      at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:593)