From: Mark.Dame@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Mark.Dame@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 May 2004 13:44
To: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] (no subject)

I found this tip and it fit exactly what I wanted to do.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=255&context=SSKJJP&context=SS2MD
7&context=SSBRLP&context=SSZND2&q1=wizard&uid=swg27005013&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8
&lang=en+en

Problem is I can't get it to work and I'm not a java programmer (yet).  It
demo's a wizard for putting together pages that call an RPG service program.
That's why I liked the wizard so much.  I get a warning in tasks, but I
tried to run it on the server anyway and received the "missing message key"
error.  First, can I get this working fairly easily with my limited java
knowledge?  Second, who do contact at IBM to get the wizard so it works?
That's assuming it's not a stupid user trick on my part of course.  Third,
anyone know of a better wizard?  I'm not fond of the fact that it uses
struts, I'd rather another solution.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Under tasks, I get the warning:

Warning                 Target showCustomerDetail.do cannot be resolved
showCustomerDetailInput.jsp   showCustomerDetail/WebContent line 29

When attempting to run on server:

[5/10/04 7:27:35:672 GMT-05:00] 3fa1ea44 WebGroup      I SRVE0180I:
[showCustomerDetail] [/showCustomerDetail] [Servlet.LOG]:
/showCustomerDetailInput.jsp: init
[5/10/04 7:27:39:719 GMT-05:00] 3fa1ea44 PropertyMessa I
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources  Initializing, config
='WebIntLogonMessages', returnNull=true [5/10/04 7:27:39:734 GMT-05:00]
3fa1ea44 PropertyMessa I org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
Initializing, config ='org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true
[5/10/04 7:27:41:406 GMT-05:00] 3fa1ea44 WebGroup      E SRVE0026E:
[Servlet Error]-[Missing message for key
"showCustomerDetailInput.title"]: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
Missing message for key "showCustomerDetailInput.title"
      at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:297)
      at org.apache.jsp._showCustomerDetailInput._jspService
(_showCustomerDetailInput.java:120)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:89)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(Jsp
Servlet.java:357)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.jav
a:675)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:773)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictServle
tInstance.java:110)
      at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.
_service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServ
let.java:313)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecyc
leServlet.java:116)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.java
:283)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ValidSer
vletReferenceState.java:42)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletIns
tanceReference.java:40)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.
java:61)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(
WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:939)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppReques
tDispatcher.java:530)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequest
Dispatcher.java:176)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:79)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker
.java:201)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(C
achedInvocation.java:71)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletReq
uestProcessor.java:182)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListene
r.java:334)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.jav
a:56)
      at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:610)
      at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:431)
      at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:593)

Mark Dame
mark.dame@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (330) 926-5407
Fax:      (330) 926-5421

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we
created them." Albert Einstein

This e-mail has been sent by a company of Bertram Group Ltd, whose registered
office is The Nest, Rosary Road Norwich NR1 1TF.
This message, and any attachments, are intended solely for the addressee and
may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you are not the
If you believe that you have received this email in error, please contact the
sender immediately. Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this
e-mail are those of the sender and will not bind a Bertram Group Ltd company
unless confirmed in writing by a director independently of this message.
Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are
free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the
recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.