Ewout,

That is correct, the fix was made in the latest update of the product, as
pointed out in the Michael's note below.
As for Michael's comment, there are a couple of points here to consider:
   You do not see the source moving when you are using scroll bar, but you
   see the current line number updated at the bottom of the editor view. In
   addition to solving the previously described problem it has an advantage
   of making scrolling very fast - of course, we don't have to continuously
   retrieve the source.
   If you use 'PageDown' key, then you will see the source update as you
   page down.

The question is whether we really want to show the source as you scroll
down with the scroll bar, which can make things fairly slow.
I guess I would like to hear a few more opinions on this issue and would
certainly welcome any sort of discussion related to it.

Thanks,
Vadim Berestetsky
iSeries Run-Time Analysis Tooling

             "Mike Tobey"
             <Mike.Tobey@forem
             ostfarms.com>                                              To
             Sent by:                  "Websphere Development Studio
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         Client for iSeries"
             idrange.com               <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/04/2004 09:31                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: [WDSCI-L] Scrolling through
                                       debug source

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

Ewout,

This used to happen to me all the time.  It was fixed in the latest update,
I am on 5.1.0.2 build 20040127_1200.  It does not jump around anymore, but
the source no longer moves when using the scroll bar, you can position the
cursor but you won't see source move while you are using the scroll bar.  I
hope they fix this soon.  If you need to see the source move while you are
scrolling use the up and down arrows on the keyboard, it's inconvenient but
better than jumping all over the code.

Michael Tobey
Applications Analyst
Foremost Farms USA
mike.tobey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IBM Certified AS/400 RPG IV Developer & RPG IV Programmer