The Project References are purely a development time function of the base
Eclipse IDE used by WebFacing.  I believe all that it will impact is the
Build Path used when compiling Java and JSP's.  It does not have any
deployment-time consequences nor does it alter or effect the behavior of
applications.

I believe there are a couple of ways you could accomplish what you want:

1)  Have one giant WebFacing project that contains all of your screens.

2)  A variant of #1 would be to have multiple projects for development but
merge them back into one project for deployment.

3)  Create your own login system in the web tier that replaces the one
that comes in WebFacing.  There have been some other messages on the list
in the past where people have explored mechanisms for programmatically
logging someone on and invoking a WebFacing session.  If you combined that
with your own front-end login process that then presented a page with
appropriate links to the applications (similar to an AS/400 Menu) then you
could get what you want.  Of course those links would have to employ the
techniques that have been discussed for passing login credentials to the
WebFacing servlet.

Note that in scenario #3 each option on their menu will start a unique
interactive job on the iSeries.  This is just the way it works, if you had
some need to have a single job so that you could share information within
that job from one screen to the next, then you would have to pursue
options 1 or 2.  Likewise if your applications have the ability to launch
screens from the other applications then you may need to pursue options 1
or 2 anyway, otherwise those screens will not be available when running
that other application.

Hope this helps.

Mark

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/12/2004 12:32:10 PM:

> I am resending this email in hopes that I can get someone from IBM
> to respond...
>
> I am having troubles referencing one project to another within
WebFacing.