Vern,

It is Live Parsing EXtensible editor (LPEX).

Eric Simpson
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries, IBM Toronto Lab,
D1/140/8200/MKM
Phone:  (905) 413-3226,  T/L:  969-3226,  Fax: (905) 413-4850
Email:  esimpson@xxxxxxxxxx

             Vern Hamberg
             <vhamberg@centerf
             ieldtechnology.co                                          To
             m>                        Websphere Development Studio Client
             Sent by:                  for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          cc
             idrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [WDSCI-L] Tip: User action keys
             03/24/2004 01:39          for filtering views.
             PM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

Is CTRL-A already defined for "Show all"? Or is that set to the Windows
"Select all"? It is "Show all" in the CODE Editor (which, BTW, I might call

the "real" LPEX editor - the one in WDSC is a Java version, sometimes
called jLPEX, and it does not yet run LPEX macros--some hint it will some
day). LPEX gets its name from "live parsing editor" - don't know why the
"X", but that origin is almost worse than saying LPEX!

Vern

At 11:34 AM 3/24/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>In Windows > Preferences > LPEX Editor > User Key Actions you can define
>shortcut keys to filter a view by selected text and then show all again.
>
>To filter view by selected define a user key action as follows:
>         Key: a-l
>         Action: filterSelected
>Press the Set button.  Now Alt+L will filter the view to all lines
>containing selected text in a source member.
>
>To show all lines again define a user key action as follows:
>         Key: a-a
>         Action: showAll
>Press the Set button.  Now Alt+A will show all source lines again. Use
this
>to see all source again after using the Alt+L keys defined above.
>
>These are quite handy for moving through code based on a target string.
Just
>double-click or click-and-drag to highlight some text, then Alt+L to see
>only the lines in the source containing the text.  Position the cursor to
>the line you want to be, then Alt+a to see all the source code again.
>
>Avoid the beginner's error I made when first defining user key actions.  I
>defined an action as s-l (which is Shift + L).  Thereafter I was unable to
>enter a capital L into my source. Didn't really think that one through...
:)