   Periodically when opening a source member with CODE Designer, I am asked
   to provide my password.  I've saved it and normally I never need to enter
   it.  Once the member is opened in Designer, fields that are referenced
   aren't resolved correctly and show up as one character/digit/....  When
   I've looked at my server jobs, the library hasn't come over from the RSE
   connection to the server for CODE Designer.

   The only way I've found to work around it is to close Designer and the
   workbench, shutdown all servers, open the Communication Daemon properties
   and delete the server.  Then when I restart WDSc and open the member with
   CODE Designer, everything seems to work okay.  Below are .log file entries
   from the session in error.

   !SESSION Mar 09, 2004 08:14:23.388
   java.fullversion=J2RE 1.3.1 IBM J9 build 20030702 (JIT enabled)
   BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
   Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 Files\IBM\WebSphere
   Studio\Site Developer\v5.1\.\eclipse\eclipse.exe -data C:\Documents and
   Settings\PGMMJQ\My Documents\IBM\wdsc\workspace -feature com.ibm.wdsclient
   -install file:C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere Studio/Site
   Developer/v5.1/eclipse/
   !ENTRY com.ibm.etools.systems.core 4 0 Mar 09, 2004 08:14:23.388
   !MESSAGE CPFI9812E
   !ENTRY com.ibm.etools.systems.core 4 0 Mar 09, 2004 08:17:48.657
   !MESSAGE Error when opening member
   !STACK 0
   java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
   com.ibm.as400.access.ConnectionDroppedException: Connection was dropped
   unexpectedly.
           at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
           at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
           at

com.ibm.as400.access.ConnectionDroppedException.<init>(ConnectionDroppedException.java:79)
           at
   com.ibm.as400.access.DDMDataStream.construct(DDMDataStream.java)
           at
   com.ibm.as400.access.AS400ThreadedServer.run(AS400ThreadedServer.java:348)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:801)
   !ENTRY com.ibm.etools.systems.core 4 0 Mar 09, 2004 08:17:48.672
   !MESSAGE RSEF1002E: SUB#0:Connection was dropped unexpectedly.

   Does anyone have any suggestions or IBM, do you have any fixes?
   Michael Quigley
   Systems-Analyst
   The Way International
   www.TheWay.org