The compile menu action is grayed out before the save has been made on the
iSeries.  Once the operation is complete, it should become enabled again.
Save occurs on a thread and, within WDSC, whenever a menu is displayed, the
threaded activity is suspended.  So one possibility for the action staying
grayed out is that the menu keeps being displayed.  Michael, when you
encounter this problem, are you continually checking the menu?  I agree
that we should provide some indication of what's going on during the save.

The dirty indicator goes away immediately after saving indicating that the
editor contents have been saved to the cached file in the workspace.
However those changes still need to be propogated down to the host.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/643/8200/TOR
____________________________________

             Kelly Cookson
             <KCookson@DOTFOOD
             S.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "'Websphere Development Studio
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         Client for iSeries'"
             idrange.com               <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             02/03/2004 08:51                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: [WDSCI-L] Post your top 10 WDSC
                                       problems ...

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

I have experienced the compile option being grayed out, too.  I usually get
around this by changing the cursor location within the LPEX source code.
Sometimes I have to change the location 2-3 times before the compile option
comes back.

Perhaps the cursor relocation had nothing to do with it (other than giving
me something to do while waiting for a save), but the save icon on the
toolbar grays out after it is clicked, giving the impression the member has
already been saved. Would the save icon on the toolbar gray out *before*
the
member has actually been saved on the iSeries? That is, does it gray out
upon sending the request to the iSeries, or does it gray upon receiving an
indication of a successful save?

Thanks,
Kelly