From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of George Voutsinas
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 11:21 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Duplicate current line (Java Editor)

Aaron, you can create shortcut keys that have some fairly diverse
capabilities in WDSc V5.1.  To do this, you need to modify the workbench
preferences. For your specific request, "copy an entire line", here's what
you can do.

- open up the Preferences dialog. Select  "Window -> Preferences"
- Expand the "Workbench" item (should be the top entry in the tree on the
left)
- Select the "Keys" item
- Expand the "Text Editing" item in the new tree on the right
- Select the "Select Line End" item
- Specify the Scope. ie. "Java Editor"  (basically, where is this action
available)
- Select the "Key sequence".  Be careful not to overload an action.
- Click the "OK" button on the dialog

In the Java editor, you can now press the "Key sequence" you specified
above to select the line.  Then press "Ctrl-C" to copy, and "Ctrl-V" to
paste.

It's not as nice as the JLpex solution, but it works.

Hope this helps... Thanks.

George Voutsinas
iSeries Eclipse Team
IBM Canada Lab

             "Bartell, Aaron
             L. (TC)"
             <ALBartell@taylor                                          To
             corp.com>                 "'Websphere Development Studio
             Sent by:                  Client for iSeries'"
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             idrange.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/06/2004 03:51          [WDSCI-L] Duplicate current line
             PM                        (Java Editor)

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

I find myself doing a little Java (yes I am enjoying it :-).

Every time I use the editor I find more stuff that makes my mouth water.
One thing that I haven't been able to find is a way to duplicate the
current
line my cursor is on.  In the jLPEX editor it is CTL+D but that doesn't
work
in the Java Editor.  I looked in Preferences|Workbench|Keys but was unable
to find it in any of those sections.

Also, if anybody knows of a way to copy an entire line (with shortcut
keys)I
would like to know that one too :-)

Aaron Bartell