Hi Bruce,

When you run the subsequent verify do make sure you do not have the refresh
cache option checked.  Also make sure that caching is not disabled and that
you have a reasonable maximum cache size specified in the caching
preferences (Windows -> Preferences -> Remote Systems -> iSeries -> Cache).
Note:  if the Maximum Cache size checkbox is not checked then the size is
not restricted.

Things should definitely be a lot faster on the second verify if it is
using cache.  If the above settings are fine then you might want to try and
clear the cache and then do 2 verifies to see if the second one is faster.
If not then tyre this:

1.  Delete your .log file in your %workspace root%\.metadata directory
2.  Open your source member in the editor
3.  Verify
4.  Disconnect the connection but keep the editor open.
5.  and clear any cached passwords (using the Clear Password Cache action
on any of the subsystems and the Windows -> Preferences -> Remote Systems
-> Passwords preference page.)
6.  Verify the member in the editor.
7.  If the connection tries to connect and prompts for a password then
something was not found in the cache.  Click cancel and send me the .log
file.  From this I should be able to tell which part of the code has a bug
: )

Don Yantzi
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Bruce.Vest"
             <Bruce.Vest@yello
             wcorp.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "WDSC List" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          cc
             idrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [WDSCI-L] Verify question
             01/20/2004 02:17
             PM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

If you run a verify on a COBOL or RPG source member that has either
copybooks or /COPY statements - does the verify not use cache?  Seems like
if I verify a program (using the refresh cache option) it should cache
everything needed for the next verify - but if I run a subsequent one it
looks and acts like its going back to the AS400 instead of using cache.

I know when I was using the old CODE/400 - things verified a lot faster the
second time than they did the first.  I thought that had been the case with
WDSCi 5.1.  Am I wrong or just missing something?

Bruce