Re: Oh boy! update perspective is hosed....

fixed

Try renaming the folder named .config located in the .metadata folder of
your workspace.

Mark

      To    "'wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      cc
      bcc
      Subject     [WDSCI-L] Oh boy!  update perspective is hosed....
"DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/20/2004 04:00 PM CST
<HR><font size=-1>Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx></font><HR>         <font size=-1></font>

I just downloaded a plugin that I wanted to install, but when I went into
the update perspective, I was shown a dialog box "Problem Showing View"
which says

"Unable to instantiate view: org.eclipse.update.ui.UpdatesView

When I tried to revert to a prior config, I then got:

"Current configuration contains errors that are not corrected by the
requested operation. See detailed information.

Resulting configuration does not contain the platform.
Resulting configuration does not contain the primary feature.

Anyone know where this stuff is configured?

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863