> In my opinion, if we can remove the name "WebSphere" from a few
> products it can only help!  Just long as they do not call it
> Rational WebSphere Studio or something like that :)

Great. Then we have forget WebSphere RPG and welcome a name that gives
RPG a new sense: RPG - Rational Program Generator!!! Isn't that cewl?
:-)

> Seriously, I think that because of the names a lot of people still think
> that WDSC is only for people that are developing applications for
> WebSphere.

Maybe that's why they write Websphere on anything that somehow fits
into it? Websphere RPG - today it even makes sense!

Perhaps they eventually call everything "iSeries" or back to "AS/400"
- the marketing gag about people wanting their loved name back and IBM
giving in is almost unpayable. I guess a lot of people would ask
themselves what such a system is all about.

0.02 Euro

best regards,

Anton Gombkötö
http://www.avenum.com

> Mark, a good summary!
> Yes, this is all a good thing, not a bad thing. We simply moved all the
> people working on WSSD and
> WSAD into Rational (but not WDSC or other tools tied to a single runtime or
> middleware), and so you
> will see two things, eventually:
> - more and more function as the Rational tools are fully integrated into
> the WS tools, on top of eclipse,
> and which we subsequently inherit for iSeries. Think of it as the
> number of people working on this stuff
> has all just increased considerably!
> - new names, as Rational becomes IBM's brand for anything tool or AD
> related. Its been a few releases
> anyway, we were due for a name change :-)

> Phil Coulthard, STSM, iSeries AD,  IBM Canada Ltd. coulthar@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 905-413-4076, t/l 969-4076

> ----- Forwarded by Phil Coulthard/Toronto/IBM on 01/15/2004 10:11 AM -----

> "Mark Phippard"
> <MarkP@softlandin
g.com>>                                                     To