>From what you describe, it sounds like the communications aspect is working
OK, it is whatever process that Eclipse goes through to analyze the
advertised updates and decide if you need them isn't listing them.

What I would suggest you try is adding your own "Update Site" that points
to the URL IBM gave you.  If the communications is working then you should
be able to see the updates, and then ideally there will be an Install
button enabled.  If there isn't then there is likely some problem in your
workspace configuration that is preventing it from letting you install the
updates.

The basic steps are to open the Install/Update perspective.  By default, in
the lower left is the list of all of the update sites.  You can right-click
in there and add a new one manually.  Then  just give it a name and enter
the URL to the IBM update site.  You should then be able to expand the site
and browse the updates that are available.  Using this method, you should
be able to see all of the listed updates, even if they are already
installed.

In 5.0, these sites were added and visible automatically, but now they are
only done through the more automated New Updates process.  However you can
still add them manually.

If you do not still have the URL's you can obtain them by looking at the
"Features" that IBM installs.  In the feature folder open the "feature.xml"
file and look for the URL listed on the <update> tag.

Good luck.

      To    "Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries"
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      cc
      bcc
      Subject     RE: [WDSCI-L] WDSC 5.1 Software Upgrades?
"Jon Paris" <Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/14/2004 08:38 PM
<HR><font size=-1>Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx></font><HR>         <font size=-1></font>

That's exactly what I'm saying Mark.  It is 5.1 "as delivered"

I have tried this from two different locations, neither of which require a
proxy for anything, and one of those had zero in the way of a firewall
between the T1 and the network.  It goes though all of the steps but says
there are no updates.

Among other things IBM had me check that I could get to the web sites
identified in the update search path.  I used a cut/paste of those links
into my browser and could get through with no problem to every single site.

As I say I'm hoping they will come up with a solution - I think it has been
passed to the Eclipse folks right now.

Jon Paris
Partner400
www.Partner400.com