Within the RSE editor, I am "unsuccessfully" trying to make a connection to
a remote Linux server. There are detailed instructions within WebSphere,
which I have followed.....but am stuck at the point of getting the Linux
daemon started. I installed the server code, ran the jar command for the
rseserver.jar and all worked fine. Now trying to start the server has given
me problems, I've chmod on the following files: daemon.linux, auth.pl,
server.linux, server.unix, I've also moved the auth.pl script into a
subdirectory dstore.core......I've tried starting it manually, with REXEC,
and by using the daemon......with no success. I'm interested in knowing has
ANYONE successfully done this?? AND are there more
instructions.....somewhere....that could clue me in to what is not working
for me....

MY ERRORS:
> cd /opt/rseserver ./server.unix
./server.unix: line 3:
: command not found
./server.unix: line 4:
: command not found
./server.unix: line 5: java: command not found
./server.unix: line 5:
: command not found

> /opt/rseserver./daemon.linux
sh: line 1: /opt/rseserver./daemon.linux: No such file or directory

> cd /opt/rseserver ./server.linux
sh: line 1: java: command not found

So any thoughts on giving up on trying to make this work.......I'm thinking
and hoping that if I can get the Linux server daemon to run, then hopefully
I could make this connection.

Diane