Hi Vern, we are planning on enhancing the CL formatter to allow you more
control over what it does (so you can format it as you want).

As for the Cancel button of the prompter still formatting the source, that
is a bug.  I have opened a defect for this.  You can report this through
the regular official support in order for it to be given appropriate
priority.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Simpson
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab, D1/140/8200/MKM
Phone:  (905) 413-3226,  T/L:  969-3226,  Fax: (905) 413-4850,  Email:
esimpson@xxxxxxxxxx

             Vern Hamberg
             <vhamberg@centerf
             ieldtechnology.co                                          To
             m>                        websphere Development Studio Client
             Sent by:                  for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          cc
             idrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [WDSCI-L] CL syntax in JLPEX editor
             12/22/2003 12:14
             PM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

There appears to be no way to get syntax for CL the same in the jLPEX
editor as it is in SEU or even in CODE. With the settings at "lpex" and
"auto format", the editor will not, when I leave the line where the
statement is, keep changes I make. This is not unlike Visual Basic, except
that Visual Basic honors indents.

In SEU, if I format source as *I* want, it remains as I put it. Auto-format

takes over in jLPEX. In SEU, the only thing that will reformat is
pressing  Enter after prompting (F4).

So I went to "seu" and turned off "auto-format". Changes I made were
retained, as long as I do not prompt. But taking the prompt, making
changes, and pressing OK makes it really weird - command starts in position

1, additional lines start in position 10.

And guess what? Taking Cancel, the formatting of the source is still
changed - Cancel means "leave it alone", doesn't it?

I do see that, with auto-format on and not using a prompt (how useless is
that? I rely on prompts), the formatting is similar to that of SEU, except
that the breakpoint for additional lines seems to be different - can live
with that, I guess.

But I will not use RSE for CL, at least for now.

Regards and holiday joys to all
Vern