   I'm using theLPEX editor on a RPGLE module of about 1,000 lines.  When
   using the arrow keys to move around, the cursor does not move smoothly  It
   frequently pauses for a second, then takes off again.  This happens
   whether moving horizontaly in a line, or vertically through lines.  (And
   the lines don't have to be scrolling for it to pause.)  I find this lack
   of smoothness disconcerting and it makes the cursor hard to control.

   Moving up and down with the scroll wheel on the mouse is even worse.

   If I run Task Manager I see CPU usage fluctuating between 50 and 90%.

   I'm running XP on a 1.8Ghz P4 with 512 mb memory.

   I've gone into preference an iSeries->LPEX Editor parms->ILE RPG and
   turned off Automatic syntax checking, suspecting this might be eating up
   CPU cycles, but it made no difference.  (Did that yesterday, rebooted this
   morning, and the issus is still there.)

   Any ideas?

   Sam

   Grab our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6 months @$9.95/month.