Hi Eric,

Thanks for describing this in detail.  There is currently no support for
displaying param names in content assist and the outline view.  We will
take this as a feature to put into a future release.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/643/8200/TOR
____________________________________

             "DeLong, Eric"
             <EDeLong@Sallybea
             uty.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "'Websphere Development Studio
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         Client for iSeries'"
             idrange.com               <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             15/12/2003 02:51                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: [WDSCI-L] Outline view -
                                       Prototype field definitions

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

Ok, so now that we've cleared that up..... <g>

I'll rephrase the question:
Why do I not see the parameter names for procedure prototypes in outline
view.

The situation that raises the issue for me is a vendor supplied service
program (written in C) that I am calling from my RPG application.  I
converted the .h member to a copy member with the RPG prototype
definitions.
Here's one of the prototypes:

D VstSetJuris...
D                 PR            10i 0 ExtProc('VstSetJuris')
D  pDataHdl                       *   Value
D  pJurisAccTyp                 10i 0 Value
D  pJurisAccCd                  10i 0 Value
D  pJurisGeo                    10u 0 Value
D  pJurisState                   2a
D  pJurisZip                     5a
D  pJurisCity                   25a
D  pJurisCnty                   20a
D  pJurisInCity                 10i 0 Value
D  pJurisRetCd                  10i 0 Value

Now, I want to use this prototype, I type VstSetJ<ctl+space) and get the
popup:

VstSetJuris - int(10,0)
             ExtProc('VstSetJuris')
(
             pointer(16)
             int(10,0)
             int(10,0)
             unsigned_int(10,0)
             char(2)
             char(5)
             char(25)
             char(20)
             int(10,0)
             int(10,0)
)

and the completion code fills out the parm seperators, waiting for me to
fill them in.  I just can't tell from the popup what needs to go in there.

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863