Rick,

What happens on the 5250 when you run the STRRSESVR command?  Which version
of WDSc are you using?  If you are using WDSc 5.1 then you will need the
following host PTFs:

5722WDS V5R1M0 SI10086
5722WDS V5R2M0 SI10107

Don Yantzi
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Chevalier, Rick"
             <Rick.Chevalier@a
             mericredit.com>                                            To
             Sent by:                  "WDSc Mailing List (E-mail)"
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             idrange.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             25/11/2003 15:38          [WDSCI-L] Debug RSE server
                                       association issue

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

We finally got our PTF's caught up (I think) and I'm trying to debug a
program using the debug perspective.  Debugging as 'My iSeries Program'
generates a message telling me to start the communications daemon and the
RSE server on the iSeries.

I think the daemon is running because I have the icon in my system tray.  I
started the RSE server using the connection name from the message (actually
copied and pasted the command).  I still get the error.

The actual message description is:
A request to run an interactive command or program was received for the RSE
connection Development, but no interactive job is currently associated with
this connection.  To associate an interactive job with this connection:
                         1.  Start the iSeries communications daemon if it
is not already running.  Select the pull down
 menu from the Remote Systems view and select iSeries -> Start Daemon
                         2.  Open a 5250 emulator,
                         3.  Run the CL command STRRSESVR NAME(Development)
                         4.  This will associate the interactive job with
this connection, causing this dialog to close
             and your interactive command or program to run.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Rick