   Good to hear, but it isn't just the editor that needs work.  The
   pre-compiler needs to catch up with all the good RPG changes of the last
   several years.

   For example:

   It doesn't support qualified data structures.

   It barfs on a D-Spec like this:

        d ScrNow        e ds
   extname(SMX201D2:S_DETAIL:*INPUT)

   There are probably other issue that have come up.  Processing a result set
   easily might be one, but I haven't thought it through.

   I don't know if you have responsibility for the pre-compiler.  If not,
   that surely is a pity.

   Thanks for the other good work.

   Sam

   >From: George Farr <FARR@xxxxxxxxxx>
   >To: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   >Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] compile of sqlrpgle object in wdsc 5.0
   >Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:01:40 -0500
   >

   >Sam.
   >Just to let you know, as the development manager of the tooling you have
   in
   >WDSc (RSE and iSeries project) I would like to confirm to you that SQL
   >support in all aspects is our top priority. I will shortly post the
   result
   >of the voting we had just few weeks ago which really confirm the need for
   >SQL tooling in our product. I think it was the top voted item. So, stay
   >tuned... We are investigating what needs to be done and how we can phase
   it
   >in the product. You will definitely see phase one in our immediate next
   >release. Hope that would work for you.

   >George N. Farr
   >iSeries eclipse IDE, iSeries education, and RPG Compilers Development
   >manager

   From Beethoven to the Rolling Stones, your favorite music is always
   playing on MSN Radio Plus. No ads, no talk. Trial month FREE!